This article covers releasing rooms options and auto release policies.
RICOH Spaces allows location administrators the ability to save valuable room time by providing a number of Intelligent Cancellation policies. There is the ability to configure a timeframe (minutes) in which the policy is enacted and a cancellation method, with 3 cancellation reasons available:
If you'd like to cancel desk bookings if employees don't show up and check-in within set parameters, head up to the intelligent cancellation TAB.
You will need to enable the auto-cancel meetings option and set how long after the check-in time the cancel will happen. Further options here will allow for the cancellation of Empty Meeting Rooms, and Unoccupied desks.
Note: Custom Desk Cancellation messages can also be created here.
Navigate from the RICOH Spaces Homepage to Organisation Settings, and select the Location required. From the list of available options, now select 'Policies', and 'Intelligent Cancellation' from the Top Bar.
If you have room sensors installed, you can go a step further and enable cancelling of zombie desks which are desks that are checked in however no one is sitting there.
Auto Cancel Meetings
This allows you set to set a time parameter, after which the meeting will be cancelled. i.e. if the meeting was due to start at 09:00 hrs and the setting here was 10 minutes, the meeting would be auto cancelled at 09:10 hrs if no one had checked in by then.
What happens when cancelled.
- Meeting Room to reject the meeting (recommended) This option keeps the meeting intact for the organiser and all attendees, but the room declines the meeting. This is the recommended option from RICOH Spaces as it allows the organiser to still have the meeting but in a different location.
- Cancel the meeting. The option completely removes the meeting from the rooms calendar and all attendees calendars.
- End the meeting early. This option keeps the meeting intact but ends it early.
Cancel Empty Meeting Rooms
Once enabled RICOH Spaces finds any meeting that hasn't been checked into in your location. If the amount of time it hasn't been checked into matches the configured amount of time, RICOH Spaces carries out the selected cancellation method.
RICOH Spaces offers two, room cancellation policies, these are:
Minutes a meeting is unoccupied before meeting is classed a Zombie meeting. Time parameter, which once set will will force meeting to be cancelled l if no one checks in by the given time period.
There are 3 options similar to above to set for what happens to the meeting when its unoccupied.
Auto cancel desk bookings not checked in
We will notify employees before we cancel their desk booking along with sending them a reminder on the day of their booking.
Note: A custom desk cancellation reason can be set here, and will be issued to the user.
- A reminder is sent by e-mail that a desk will be auto cancelled 30 mins prior to the check in time.
- A 2nd reminder is sent by e-mail that a desk will be auto cancelled 15 mins after the check in time.
- A cancellation e-,mail is sent that the desk has been cancelled based on the 'Auto cancel desk bookings not checked in' policy (minutes).
The auto cancellation policy currently works as follows:
- If the booking is made before the check-in time it will cancel the desk if not checked into however many minutes after the check-in time that is set in the desk cancellation policy.
- If the booking is made after the check-in time it will cancel 1 hour after the check-in time if the desk is not checked into.
Allow cancelling of ‘ghost meetings’
Once enabled RICOH Spaces finds any meeting that hasn't been checked into in your location. If the amount of time it hasn't been checked into matches the configured amount of time, RICOH Spaces will carry out the selected cancellation method.
Note: A custom cancellation reason can be set here, and will be issued to the user.
Cancel Unoccupied Desks
Allow cancelling of ‘zombie meetings’
Once enabled RICOH Spaces finds any meeting that has been checked into but left empty for the configured amount of time and carries out the selected cancellation method.