Get quick answers to all your questions.
If you don't find your question here or need a more detailed answer, there might be an article dedicated to the subject that you can easily search via the above Search bar. You can also contact us via the Support button at the bottom right of this screen.
To help you find information more easily, you can browse by categories:
Q: What do the colours on the Floorplan mean?
- Green: Available
- Red: Booked
- Blue: That's your booking
- Custom colour: Booked only for half day.
- Grey: Unavailable for you to book
- See-through: Unavailable to anyone
Q: On my web app's Homepage, what is 'Set a Status'?
Booking a workspace means that you are in the office. If you are not, 'Set a status' allows you to choose whether you are working from home, elsewhere or out of the office. This helps your administrators understand the use of the office space; therefore, we recommend you set your status weekly via the web app.
Q: Do I need to add my email or register somewhere to access the portal?
No. You should be able to log in to RICOH Spaces by simply using your work email.
Q: How can I change the language on RICOH Spaces Help?
Scroll down any RICOH Spaces Support page completely and at the bottom right of your screen, you should see a drop-down menu with all the languages available at the moment. Select the one desired.
Q: How do the apps provide Live updates if someone is in a space?
IoT sensors capture real-life data which are synchronized with the apps to provide you with the most advanced features.
Q: How can I register a guest?
Only administrators have access to this feature.
To register a guest, head to your web app, then to the Visitors tab. Click on add a visitor and follow the steps.
Q: How can I see someone's booking?
There are multiple ways to do this. One of them is simply heading to the Floorplan and hovering on the red (booked) desks to see the names appearing.
Another way is to open your RICOH Spaces mobile app, select the Office tab and browse to see the desks booked and by whom.
Q: Can a colleague book or cancel a booking for me?
At the moment it is only possible to book on behalf of someone. In order to do that the person had to set you up in their settings. Check our article here to learn how to do that.
Q: I want to change my desk, how can I do that?
Cancel the booking via the Homepage by clicking on your booking and then on ‘Release’. Then select a new desk and book it.
Q: Do I need to check out at the end of the day?
We suggest you do so. Simply checkout via the Homepage.
Q: I made a booking and received a notification asking me to check-in. How do I do that?
There are usually three ways to check in:
- On the web app: access the Homepage and click on the 'check-in' button.
- On the mobile app: via the Homepage, click on the 'check-in' button.
- If your company has enabled this function, use your RICOH Spaces app, tab 'Scan QR' and scan the QR code sticker of the desk you have booked.
Q: Can I turn off the email notifications reminding me the booking will be cancelled?
Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment.
Q: Why has my desk booking been cancelled?
There are 2 explanations for that:
- You haven’t checked in at the space on time and thereby your booking was automatically cancelled
- One of the administrators cancelled your booking
Q: I made a desk booking by mistake, how can I cancel it?
If you don’t need your booking anymore, be courteous and allow another of your colleagues to book it.
Find your booking on your home page, click on it and release it. This will cancel the booking and make it available to book.
Q: How can I book a desk in another office?
Change your location by clicking on the location icon. Select a desk on the relevant floorplan and confirm the booking.
Q: Why can’t I book any more desks this week?
It is most likely that an administrator has put in place a maximum of desk bookings per week and that you reached this number. Contact your administrator to understand more about it.
Q: How can make a half-day booking?
You will be able to make half-day bookings only if an administrator has enabled this function. If so, while making a booking, you will have the option to book for Morning, Afternoon or for the whole day.
Q: Can I book multiple rooms at the same time?
At the moment, it is not possible.
Q: I forgot my pin code. What can I do?
Head to your Profile page and reset your pin from there.
Q: Why has my booking been cancelled?
There are 2 explanations for that:
- You haven’t checked in on time and thereby your booking was automatically cancelled
- One of the administrators cancelled your booking. If so, you would have then received a notification about this explaining what happened.
Q: My meeting finished earlier, how do I release the booking?
- If an administrator has set it up in the settings, the IoT sensors will detect that the room is free and enable new bookings
- If you have room panels installed in the office, use the room panel and click on 'Cancel'
- Once finished, on the schedule page of the RICOH Spaces app, find your event and cancel it.
Q: Will others be notified if I include them in a room booking?
Yes, all the attendees that you added to the room booking will be notified and an event will appear in their calendar.
Q: Why can’t I book a meeting room?
- The room is booked already. It should then appear red on the floorplan
- The room isn’t available. It should then appear see-through on the floorplan
- You don’t have the permission to book this space. The room should appear grey on the floorplan
Parking & Vehicles
Q: Why can’t I book a car space?
- Most likely there are no spaces available. (No parking spaces coloured in green)
- Your administrators might not have enabled that function yet.
- If you think there is a technical problem with the apps, contact RICOH Spaces support using the Support button you see at the bottom right of this screen.
Q: Web app: How to book parking via the Floorplan?
- Select the correct floor plan via the dropdown above the floorplan
- Select an emplacement on the floorplan by clicking on it (The parking spots available are in green)
- Choose the relevant day(s) you would like to book this exact spot
- Click on Next
- Verify that all the information is correct
- Confirm the booking
- You should have received a confirmation email and your booking should appear on your Homepage
If your company has car park barriers integrated, you might want to check ‘How to register your vehicle ’ here.
Q: How to book parking via the mobile app?
- Access the RICOH Spaces app's Homepage
- Find on the calendar the date you would like to make a booking for and click on ‘Book’
- Navigate to the Parking tab and select a space of your liking. (The spaces available are in green)
- Confirm the booking
- You will receive a confirmation email and the booking should appear on your Homepage
If your company has car park barriers integrations, you might want to check ‘How to register your vehicle ' here.
Q: How to add parking to a desk booking vs booking it as part of its own process?
On the desktop app, to add parking to your desk, select your desk on the floorplan and before confirming your booking, select ‘Get a space’. This will automatically attribute you to a parking spot. Once done, you will receive a confirmation email.
For booking parking on its own, simply go to the Floorplan, and select the relevant floor. Once you have chosen your parking, confirm. You should then receive an email confirming your booking.
Q: Can I add more than one vehicle to my profile?
Yes, you can add more than one vehicle to your profile. Here is a guide on how to add a vehicle to your profile. You will need to be on the web app to do it.
Groups & Loop
Q: What is the difference between groups and loop?
Groups are useful for administrators looking to easily book a zone or room for a group of people. 'My loop' allows you to visually see where are the people in your loop via the tab ‘Groups’ or directly by filtering on the floorplan. Groups are useful for administrators, as they can make groups public and book more easily on behalf of people.
Q: Can I have multiple loops?
No, you can only have one loop.
Q: Do people know they are in my loop/ group(s)?
No, they don’t. Unless you are an administrator and made a group public.
Q: What happens if I click on someone in the People tab on the app?
It would give you the possibility to call or email this person.
Q: What happens if I click on someone in the People tab on the app and click on Call?
If the person has added a phone number, it would call it. If the person hasn’t added a phone number, the call won’t go through.
Q: What happens if I click on someone in the People tab on the app and click on Email?
It would open a new email with their work email as the recipient.
Q: How many roles are there?
18 roles. A person can be assigned to more than one role. Here you can read more about the different roles and their characteristics.
Q: How can I see my assigned role on RICOH spaces?
If you haven’t been assigned to any roles, you won’t be able to access the Roles tab using the desktop app.
Feedback & Help
Q: How can I give my feedback about RICOH Spaces?
We would love to hear what you think about RICOH Spaces and your suggestions to improve our product. Please leave us feedback here.
You can also vote for features here so we can prioritise our updates and meet best your needs. Thank you 😊
Q: None of the content of the Q&A nor articles are solving my issue. How can I contact you?
You can contact us via the support button on the bottom right of this screen and one of our collaborators will be in touch as soon as possible.