The Outlook add-in can be installed for a number of users in bulk via Microsoft 365. This not only reduces the risk of the wrong add-in being installed but also reduces the amount of time it takes for each user to install the add-in.
Installing the add-in
- To install the add-in navigate to the M365 Admin Portal.
- Once logged in select "Settings" then "Integrated apps".
- You can now select to install a new app by selecting "Upload a custom app".
- You are then prompted to choose the method you wish to install the app from the following two options:
- Add by file (recommended) - To download the file, please download the file in the attachment area below to your machine and select it when requested. Download.
- Add by URL - You can easily add it by adding the following URL into the box when requested in the above process. https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/rs-apks/o/Outlook%20Addin%2Fmanifest-live.xml?alt=media&token=f7c275d7-1930-4b98-b821-e233454e6ca4
5. Once the method has been chosen and the add-in has been validated click "Next" and select the users you want to install the add-in for.
6. We recommend choosing a small number of users in the first instance by searching for a specific user or group.
7. Once the users or groups have been selected click "Next" and accept the permissions requested by the add-in.
8. Finally, select "Finish deployment" to start the add-in rollout process.
Editing the rollout
After the initial rollout has been successful, you can edit the deployment and expand the add-in to more users. To do this navigate to the "Integrated apps" section of M365 Admin, Select the RICOH Spaces Outlook add-in application and click "Edit users". You will be presented with a screen allowing you to install the add-in for the entire organisation or to add more users and groups to the existing deployment.