Adding your Google Service Account
To enable Google Calendar integration. You need to provide a GCP service account with appropriate access to the resources you require. When adding the information through our integration you will have the option of an Admin email, this is used for directory sync and if permissions are not provided calendar sync will still work but you will not have automatic directory sync.
- We recommend pairing RICOH Spaces with a generic booking ("service") account instead of a personal one. Something like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We'll always book as the user when booking resources using the service account you upload to our integration page.
You can find full information on this process on the Google documentation but below is the summary.
- From your G Suite domain’s Admin console, go to Main menu > Security > API controls.
- In the Domain-wide delegation pane, select Manage Domain Wide Delegation.
- Click Add new.
- In the Client ID field, enter the client ID obtained from the service account creation steps above.
In the OAuth Scopes field, enter a comma-delimited list of the scopes required for your application (for a list of possible scopes, see Authorize requests).
We need different scopes depending on the level of integration, the main scopes we need to book on behalf of users and sync resources are;
For Calendar Resources
For Directory Syncing
G Suite Integration
You have now allowed RICOH Spaces to act on your behalf but nothing will happen just yet as we don't know any information on your account. Follow the G Suite Integration process.